Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
∞ take a peek at our legendary cryptostorm_is twitter feed if you're into that kind of thing ∞
Ξ we're rolling out voodoo network security across cryptostorm - big things happening, indeed! Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit GitHub Ξ

Status update

Freewheeling spot to chew the fat on anything cryptostorm-related that doesn't fit elsewhere (i.e. support, howto, &c.). Criticism & praise & brainstorming & requests for explanation... this is where it goes when it's hot & ready for action! :-)

Topic Author
df
Site Admin

Status update

Postby df » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 am

Latest update:

Since I now have more information about what actually happened, I'll try to be much less obsecure in this post update.

As a few of you already know, I'm the guy behind the scenes @ CS. Pj normally handles all of the public facing stuff (twitter, marketing, the forum, etc.) as I don't care much about that kind of stuff, I prefer just dealing with the techie stuff. Since the twitter activity often leans more towards the philosophical aspects of tech and less about the actual tech, I often avoid it. Turns out I should have been paying more attention :/

Let me start with what's being referred to as "The March incident". It's apparently a situation where graze was taken hostage by CSIS agents. Turns out that was complete bullshit (quoted from graze himself via txtsec earlier, after positive ID verification). What really happened is that pj took too many pills, and almost OD'd. My guess is that he really did see agents taking graze away, it just wasn't actually happening. I believe this is true because I do recall a night when pj called & texted me and sounded very incoherent. I heard from him a day or two later and he sounded normal, so I figured "Whatever, he got too fucked up one night, seems fine now though".

That incident lead to a 6 month long argument with graze, an argument that involved a rapidly growing suspicion that graze was some kind of double agent for CSIS.
Pj started becoming more paranoid. Not the good, security concious kind of paranoia we encourage. The mentally unstable kind of paranoia that makes a person believe the NSA/etc. are outside using poisonous gases and mind controlling spores to bend his will (which it seems, was one of the scenarios that pj believed was actually happening).

His increasing paranoia wasn't helped by his research in what he called "Corruptor-Injector Networks" (aka Sauron's Eye), as the concept behind what he was describing actually does exist and has been implemented.
The problem was, he thought it was happening to him, all the time. It took him several weeks to simply install Linux on a laptop because he believed the .iso's he was downloading had been manipulated mid-stream by a backdoor in his router that was introduced via CIN (again, technically possible, but highly unlikely).

When he finally did get Linux installed, he started noticing what he claimed were "strange things" happening in Chrome. I never really got an exact description of what those strange things were, but just to be safe, I introduced him to the `strace` and `ltrace` commands so that he could see exactly what his Chrome process(es) were doing. Shortly after that, I started receiving alot of trace logs that he believed confirmed the presence of a rootkit (or backdoor) that was trying to monitor his browsing activity. I manually looked through every log file, I never saw anything unusual. I've written plenty of Linux based rootkits & backdoors, I know what to look for. Eventually, I got tired of dealing with the whole thing, so I showed him how to run a reverse shell so that his system would remotely send me his bash prompt. From there, I was able to execute commands on his system, and from there I did everything I could to check for the presence of anything unusual. I didn't find anything you wouldn't find on any other default desktop Ubuntu install.

As time went by, his online presence became more erratic. Occasionally, I would get a text or email that contained perfectly coherent, legitimate sounding text, so I assumed he's probably just doing more research on something else.

Fast forward a few months later. He gets arrested in Canada due to some sort of immigration status problem. My guess is it has to do with his old cocaine smuggling charges and Canada not knowing about them when they let him in the country. A slightly funny incident occured where the canadian jail he was being held at accidently releases him early, when they were supposed to release him the next day to US immigration agents. Since he's no stranger to the legal system, he thought it was odd that he was allowed to leave without having to sign any of the usual paperwork. They kind of just let him go. According to most news articles, the same thing happened earlier that month at the same jail with someone else, so it doesn't sound unlikely. Anyways, he waits at his house in Canada, expecting to be picked up any moment by the people who made the mistake. So he stays offline (encrypted backups are already online prior to any of this), sticking only to txtsec messages to me with some status updates. Eventually, they do pick him back up, release him to the US agents they were supposed to release him to and he finally gets deported to the US by way of NY. After a few days in an american jail, he gets released since he hasn't broken any US laws. He spends some time with family in the US, gets back online via an encrypted backup, everything seems normal. He tells me he's going to apply for some kind of native status back in Canada because apparently he is %30 (or something) aboriginal or whatever the hell they call the natives up in Canada. That way he can return to Canada without fear of arbitrary deportation. So he returns to Canada...

Time goes by, he tweets a bit with the main @cryptostorm_is account, emails/txts me occasionally, things seem fairly normal again.
However, I notice that while he seems to be busy with "something", I'm not seeing any CS related activity happening anywhere (no github updates, nothing new on the forum, no logins to any servers, etc.).

Just this one blog post: http://cryptostorm.is/blog/
Obscure references to war, a generally cryptic style to everything, alot of big words used although no actual message is ever conveyed.
Sounds like the usual type of Dorkbot forum post to me... But with so many references to war, I'm worried that it's his allusive way of saying that CS is under attack.
So I keep an eye on all the remote logs (which are recording every execv() call via grsec, in chroots too), the few .bash_history files we have, the lastlog's, the web logs, I looked into pretty much everything we keep logs for.
Nothing unusual..

Some days later, I get a somewhat odd text from pj telling me to cycle all the root passes and remove his SSH keys from the servers. Says not to give him the new passwords just yet. I ask if he's been compromised, he says no, but just to be safe it would be a good idea, as something might be happening soon...
Whatever. I comply, since changing passes/keys often is usually a good idea. I'm thinking he found some lame peice of spyware in a test win box and is overreacting by assuming his entire network has been compromised (Not an entirely bad idea, tbh).

Saturday night (or Sunday morning, I forget). I'm in the shower, so I missed pj's call. I get out of the shower, call him back expecting to start the convo with a usual "Sorry I missed your call, was in the shower".
Instead I hear sirens of fire engines in the background. I ask if everything is OK? He sounds very incoherent, distraught, responds with something like "It's OK, it's not you" (I think that's what he said, it's difficult to be sure with the sirens in the background). Then quickly he either hanged up, or we got disconnected.

A bit worried, I decided I should probably check twitter just to see if there's any info there about wtf is going on.
Then I see this tweet from earlier: "Our staff again at high risk. If we vanish, dig deeper. Please rt. We'll confirm our identities as soon as things are safe again."
Wtf? I'm staff, I'm not at risk (as far as I know)...
And then I see this other tweet: "If anyone has a minute for some legal advice, please call us at 559.382.6911. Urgent."
I text & call pj, to see what the hell is going on. No response....

About a day goes by, twitter understandably goes nuts since a request for legal advice followed by silence is never a good thing.
I didn't have twitter credentials (since I never wanted them) so I wasn't able to tweet any kind of "Uh, df is still here, CS is still running. dunno wtf is going on with pj tho..."

Then graze txts me, says "FYI... DB [Dorkbot/pj] went weird again - probably in jail".
After some wtf!!?'s etc. from me, I ask if graze has twitter creds, because I need to let people know that CS is not involved with whatever the hell is going on.
A few hours later, I was able to login to twitter and post the first status update.

As most of you have already read on several news sites out there, the incident involved assault, arson, resisting arrest, and more.
I asked graze if he knows if pj was high on pills when that happened, or what? The exact response: "I... Dunno"

So. Yea.. Those are some pretty serious charges.

My personal conclusion is that although pj is clearly a highly intelligent person, he might also be mentally ill (or an addict, or both).
Like most of you, I've always found a satisfying degree of depth to his analytical articles.
Unfortunately, and especially in this field where government conspiracies often end up being true, it is difficult to find the line between insane and intelligent.

I hope he gets whatever help he needs...

As for CS, our services remain uninterrupted. I conceived of and implemented the widget, DeepDNS, voodoo, all of our security protocols (graze was the one behind the mongo database framework, which he hasn't needed to change since the beginning, simply because it worked so well).
The security protocol concept is simple: everything and everyone is a potential attack vector. I know myself enough to know that I will not give up any CS members.
Put a gun to my head and threaten death, I will tell you to go fuck yourself. Offer me a million dollars, I'll offer a counter-proposal involving self-coitus.

Even though some people say that, I can never really know if that's how they really are if/when a situation like that actually comes around.
So I've always treated all staff members with a degree of scrutiny, especially pj since he has root access to the servers.
In my eyes, it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of security.
Pj in any state of mind is most likely willing to die for CS, but if he likes to visit some ad-ridden torrent site from IE on the same system he does CS stuff on, he's a potential attack vector (heh, that's an example.. fucking better be).

So anytime anyone has ever done anything on any CS server, I've been there, monitoring exactly wtf they're doing.
That's how I know that attempts to backdoor or unnecessarily monitor something hasn't happened.

Accusations are floating around that pj snitched on his co-conspirators in his old cocaine smuggling case, which resulted in a lesser prison sentence, therefore he is a govt plant for CS!
I've gathered my own data relating to these accusations, and I believe that none of that is true. He blew the whistle on his lawyer for breaching client/attorney confidentiality, which lead to an internal investigation at the law firm, and probably charges against that lawyer too (I didn't care enough to investigate further). That's the closest he's ever come to "snitching", but to me that sounds more like whistle blowing.

Regarding the beastiality accusations, I'm undecided on whether or not they're true.
From both sides I've seen blatant disinformation, misinformation, and "evidence" that contradicts the truth that I know. So much so that I can't make an informed decision.
Regardless of whether or not the accusations are true, I believe that none of it involves CS so it really doesn't matter.

For the record, I don't condone beastiality, I don't support it.
But I do believe that if someone wants to speak on their beliefs regarding a lifestyle that involves beastality, I don't think that it's constitutional to prevent that person from speaking their mind.

In summation, the tin foil hat brigade can safely continue to use CS. pj hasn't been involved with the back bits for more than a year now anyways.

However, it turns out that the front end can be more devastating to a thing like CS than the backend >:/

Fucking twitter...

P.S.
I blame all of this on @SwiftOnSecurity, for obvious reasons, such as: Fuck it, why not? :-D

The original status update from a day or two ago:

As some of you may have noticed, there was recently a request for legal advice on the main twitter account. We're still awaiting more information on the exact details of what happened, but it appears to involve just one of the cryptostorm staff members. As far as I can tell, it's not anything computer related (like a raid). Also, the staff member predicted about a week ago that something like this might be happening soon. At the time, it was suggested that I change/remove all the important passwords/keys on the network that the staff member had just to be safe, so I did. That means that on the off chance this turns into a worse case scenario, anything any adversaries might get their hands on has already been rendered useless.

So just to be clear, whatever happens next with that staff member, cryptostorm will continue to move forward.

The only noticeable difference is that there will probably be less twitter activity as the other staff members are pretty busy with other aspects of the network (myself included).

As for me, I'm still working on the next widget version. It already includes dnscrypt-proxy so the pre-connect DNS queries will be safe from prying eyes, I just need to finish fixing some annoying bugs I've noticed in other parts of the widget. All of the DeepDNS IPs already have dnscrypt-wrapper setup on UDP & TCP port 443 if anyone wants to start using it now. Usage is fairly straightforward: install dnscrypt-proxy, tell it to use https://cryptostorm.is/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv, run it with (for example, using the France server)

Code: Select all

dnscrypt-proxy --local-address=127.0.0.1:53 -R cs-fr
Then tell your system to use the DNS server @ 127.0.0.1:53. Without using that .csv, you would do:

dnscrypt-proxy --local-address=127.0.0.1:53 --resolver-address=212.83.175.31:443 --provider-name=2.dnscrypt-cert.cryptostorm.is --provider-key=3133:72AD:5956:32C2:416B:872F:098F:851B:DDB9:6528:4C6C:BE9A:4F19:0964:30DB:A95A

(replace 212.83.175.31 with whichever DeepDNS IP you'd like to use [Nice key, eh? :P]).

P.S.
I noticed that even though most people don't like the fact that we have some US nodes, they seem to always have a higher user count than any of the other servers. So for that reason (and because we have no US east node), I went ahead and ordered an unlimited/1gbps one in NY. Should be ready in a day or so.

parityboy
Site Admin

Re: Status update

Postby parityboy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:58 pm

@df

Many thanks for the update, wish the staff member well. :D

It'll be interesting to get dnscrypt-proxy to play nicely with dnsmasq, if that's even possible. Nice to see there's an east coast U.S. node coming up - I might even start using it.

On a related note, are there still any 100Mb/s exit nodes in production, and are there any plans to upgrade them (if they are hitting capacity). I ask because of this thread. :)

Topic Author
df
Site Admin

Postby df » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:52 am

There aren't any plans to upgrade the existing 100Mb/s nodes as almost none of them are hitting that limit, but I am trying to find at least 1gbps for any new ones I buy. The only one I do need to upgrade (or more likely, add a secondary server for) is the frankfurt one. That box always seems busy as hell. The original plan was to use this server (the one hosting the websites n whatnot) as frankfurt #2, and to move all the services here onto separate servers or VMs (email/www/irc etc.) so we can finally rm -rf cPanel. That ended up being more difficult than I thought, so it was placed on the back burner for the moment.

Lemme see... current list is:

france:                Speed: 1000Mb/s
frankfurt:             Speed: 100Mb/s
london:                Speed: 1000Mb/s
france#2:              Speed: 1000Mb/s
lisbon:                Speed: 1000Mb/s
seattle:               Speed: 1000Mb/s
singapore:             Speed: 100Mb/s
switzerland:           Speed: 1000Mb/s
italy:                 Speed: 100Mb/s
vegas:                 Speed: 1000Mb/s
canadia:               Speed: 100Mb/s
moldova:               Speed: 100Mb/s

If it's not listed, that node is permanently dead (like miyamoto, the Japanese node). I have a habit of keeping dead boxes in the DNS and just pointing them to whatever the closest thing is that's still alive for people that have the node hard coded in anything, it'll at least give them something to connect to.

I checked with the ISP/hoster pages for those boxes too, and they're all listed correctly except for the canada one. `ethtool` says eth0 is 100Mb/s, but the ISP says that should be a 1gbps link. Sending a wtf to them now...

JTD121

Postby JTD121 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 am

Oh damn, Kansas is gone, and there's a Las Vegas node? "What happens in the Vegas node, stays in the Vegas node"....? Glad to see CS is still up and running!

Is there an ETA on 3.x? Need beta testers?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You derive personal satisfaction from the continued existence of the near perfect day-night cycles of the hyper cube.....

► Show Spoiler

Van

Postby Van » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:00 am

df, would appreciate it if you renamed skana to CAN/Skana; it's hosted in Canada and not the US. I think you would see a move of users from the US servers to a Canadian hosted server out of preference for privacy (C51 not withstanding). This would help your future decisions on server location as well.

It would also be really really really nice if you guys would make announcements as to when servers are being discontinued. There used to be a lot more transparency around this and now it's just a crap shoot - Iceland, Russia, Japan, Canada.. I joined for Iceland and the reason for removing the Datacell server has always seemed a bit weak to me.

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:24 am

Damn, I just connected to Japan... and now I find out it's dead!

Topic Author
df
Site Admin

Postby df » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:47 am

Van: skana is just the internal server name. The DNS name is windows-canadawest.cstorm.pw (or .cryptostorm.org, or .net) or linux-canadawest for linux ppl.

JTD121: ETA on v3 of the widget is: whenever I get off my lazy ass and finish it :-P

killswitch

Postby killswitch » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:20 am

Bummer about the staff member spinning out, does look like this was a personal problem, rather than operational.

Sad to see, but the good ship Cryptostorm remain afloat and moving under its own power ...

nonmalleable

Postby nonmalleable » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:53 am

iceland and japan face the same technicalities?

hmmm... if yes.. it makes sense but sad to see it go offline permanently just like that.
~ nm ~

Topic Author
df
Site Admin

Postby df » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 pm

it happens in this business. DMCA is an american law, but alot of countries have similar copyright laws. Also alot of DCs are fucking pussies, and they'd rather simply kill the account than fight the legal battle. No matter, CS nodes are designed to be disposable in such situations. I.e., the dead boxes are useless to the adversaries :-)

parityboy
Site Admin

Postby parityboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:18 am

@df

Remind me again why cPanel is so important? The boxes are configured from scratch, right? So which of the services - website, forum, IRC - actually needs cPanel?

Van

Postby Van » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:36 am

Do appreciate all the work you do by the way!
Didn't realize it was labelled that - on Pingdom it's labelled - skana (uswest | core node). And I pull configs from Github which hasn't had anything renamed since Aug 15 - hence my confusion. Appreciate the clarification tho!

vpnDarknet

Postby vpnDarknet » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Great to hear all is well & operational, and best wishes to all of the staff
Buy your tokens via vpnDark.net and cryptostorm cannot and does not know anything about users - no link between a token & purchase details
Unofficial Wiki cryptostorm access guide
Ways to talk to me

Topic Author
df
Site Admin

Postby df » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Van: Ah, didn't know that about pingdom. I need to edit that.

Also, the NY (useast) node is up n running. Widget users just click the update button, others can use windows-useast.cstorm.pw or linux-useast.cstorm.pw to connect.

I'll update the configs @ github shortly.

ntldr
ForumHelper

Postby ntldr » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:30 pm

df wrote:Van: Ah, didn't know that about pingdom. I need to edit that.

Also, the NY (useast) node is up n running. Widget users just click the update button, others can use windows-useast.cstorm.pw or linux-useast.cstorm.pw to connect.

I'll update the configs @ github shortly.

Any news for Norway or other Scandinavian servers? :idea:

rwilcher

Postby rwilcher » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Very happy to hear things are returning to normal. Human error always difficult to mitigate. Thanks for the update. Can sleep easier now. :clap:

parityboy
Site Admin

Postby parityboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:28 pm

@df

Many thanks for the latest update, and I'm glad things are returning to normal. :D

However, it turns out that the front end can be more devastating to a thing like CS than the backend >:/

You're absolutely right, and just to remind you - and this will sound extremely harsh - there's a tried and tested method of treating gangrene...having said that though, I do enjoy PJ's writing and I hope he gets back on his feet sooner rather than later. :)

Van

Postby Van » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:10 am

Interesting update. DF if you're hiring for a front-end person to handle this sort of thing let me know. I'm pretty good at that sort of thing. Would BM you for conversation.

lolgraze

Postby lolgraze » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

DudeOfLondon

Postby DudeOfLondon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Crazy what's going on for pj, hope he gets better.

Are there any irregularities on the Frankfurt node?

I experience TLS Error: handshake fail for the last 2-3 days every now and then.
Weird that Frankfurt only is 100Mb/s as it quite central for Europe.
Can a fully used bandwidth lead to those tls errors?

For now I just switched to lisbon and paris, but frankfurt would be better here.

thisis4thepeople

Postby thisis4thepeople » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm also surprised by the low bandwidth on Frankfurt, as it's the fastest server for me. Recently it started acting up, so I'm gonna hop to other ones.

And thanks for the update, which was really necessary after the weird things going on on twitter. I wasn't really sure if it was a prank, the account got hacked somehow or it wasn't what it seemed to be. Thankfully, it turned out to be the latter.

n.o.y.f.b

Postby n.o.y.f.b » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:08 am

Well fucking hell. Here was me thinking I had a sexually deviant, criminally inclined nature...Now I feel like Mother-fucking Teresa. :lol:

Saying that, for all the fucked upness within this tale, I find it weirdly comforting to a degree. Maybe it's indicative of the sorry state of affairs in our governance - or just how fucking jaded I've become - but I'd rather the details of my internet browsing habits where, at least in part, handled by anti-establishment types doing lines off of horses arse's than my ISP or some quasi-judicial state tool.

I think.

empty

Postby empty » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 pm

n.o.y.f.b wrote:Saying that, for all the fucked upness within this tale, I find it weirdly comforting to a degree. Maybe it's indicative of the sorry state of affairs in our governance - or just how fucking jaded I've become - but I'd rather the details of my internet browsing habits where, at least in part, handled by anti-establishment types doing lines off of horses arse's than my ISP or some quasi-judicial state tool.

Pretty much sums up why I signed up to cryptocloud (or was it torrentfreedom then...I forget now) all those years ago. I can't think of anyone else in a position to better understand the ramifications of losing your privacy than someone who knows from personal experience and has repeatedly paid a toll I can't even begin to imagine. It's been fascinating but also horrifically morbid to watch though and I'm sure I don't know even a fraction of what's really happened.

I'm actually really impressed that PJ kept his marbles for as long as he did, knowing what a total clusterfuck his life has been for so long. This is not to say that I condone his latest actions in any way, far from it...but I can't say that I'd condemn him over them either, knowing that if I were put in the same position I'd have cracked much much sooner.

Here's hoping that everyone involved can get themselves back to some semblance of normality(*) soon.

* PJ gets a horse/dog & left the fuck alone, Graze gets some cookies and df gets whatever the fuck it is that df likes. Because fuck normal, weird is far more interesting.

rand*5443

Postby rand*5443 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Just got a giggle out of the above post by n.o.y.f.b and felt compelled to write a note here on the forum.

Well said empty.

Many years ago I spent some time around a former incarnation of the CS team.

One of my observations is that several of us...err, them, should I say, were chess players. Seriously, that's an analogy. I'll try and break the analogy down.

In your imagination, try and "zoom out" from your typical perceptual reality. You remember those times that you just took an eye-drop or toke on something good you bought from your friendly local hippy commune. (Cos' we don't just run random binaries on our biology do we?)

Schmoof!

That's what I'm talking about, now you're getting into the swing of it. That's the good shit.

The world around you has suddenly become an intertwined body of concepts floating in a stream of time that take the illusory form of chess pieces. There's a playing board before you and those pieces can be moved. You just need to develop your strategy and decide how you're going to achieve your real world objectives because if you move those pieces, you alter the world.

Let's look at the "big picture".

Can you imagine trying to win a "fair" game of chess on the world playing board when each time you take a piece from the opponent they immediately "get pissy" and consequently whistle for government agents, cops, authority figures, flash mobs, or whatever other forces of "good" they can muster, to run in from the sidelines and give you a beating that could potentially see you "put out of action" for days, weeks, months or even years. There's a chance we're talking permanently. (We're not even going to get started on their theft/destruction of property and assets)

When the government and/or their corporate affiliates and/or other variations of bottom feeder scum "get pissy" then rest assured that Queensbury rules exit stage left.

* If you're an anarchist, sovereign, eco-warrior, activist, or the like...
* If you believe in accountability, transparency or even disbandment of those who call themselves authorities...
* If you believe that we are thinking and feeling individuals with autonomy and will as opposed to simply grease being wiped into a machine that they say belongs to "them"...
* If you believe we as individuals create law and culture as we evolve and develop rather than accept that we're institutionalised drones born to serve an inviolable system.
* If you believe in justice...
* If you believe in freedom...
* If you believe in truth...
* If you like horse butts and can not lie...

If...OK, this is getting silly but I'm sure you get the picture.

Let's just say: "IF YOU CARE ABOUT SOMETHING IN THIS WORLD OTHER THAN MONEY, POWER AND MAINTAINING THE STATUS QUO"...

That makes you a target.

And if you're a target that means your very existence is making someone very, very pissy right now and that someone wants to know who and where you are and they're spending immense amounts of money - quite possibly your money - in order to discover who you are and where you are at this very moment.

With that in mind...It would be rather more than helpful if you could put some kind of doppelgänger or straw man in your chair at the chess board and have the straw man make your moves for you, would it not?

That way...your opponent can get as pissy as they want when you start taking their pieces off the board and laying them bare. Your opponent can stomp, kick, beat and even try to slice the throat of that straw man every time your ingenuity scores a hit on their infrastructure and instead of you personally being "put out of action" you're actually wearing your opponent down and exposing them for who and what they are for all too see.

You're finally in a position to level the playing field, to put the boot on the other foot, to set some surveillance upon THEM while they're ripping into something that they believe is you.

I've seen manic crazy killers; creatures without a soul; power hungry psychopaths, brigands and mercenaries who lie, cheat, manipulate, steal and crush anything that gets in their way just to cash a buck.

Some of these people work for "the system".

Standing behind them is the full arsenal of hate/state sanctioned fire-power that can have you wiped out with impunity and leave a smile on the majority of faces while they're doing it. All they gotta do is put the right words in the media with the mouthpiece of their cultural demagogues and voilà, you're just another "crazy" who ends up in the grinder.

The VPN was one of the tools that allowed us all to create our own straw men and finally play a fair game of chess in this world without fear that our own bodies would pay the price for exposing various world players for what they truly are.

CS and former incarnations have always made a good home for chess players. PJ was one of them. If there's anyone out there who wants to let PJ know that some of the sacrifices he's suffered haven't been in vain...become a good chess player.

Keep your strawmen well patched.

Mother Teresa

Postby Mother Teresa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Well said. :clap: Although I'd bet crazy was always there to a degree. All the interesting people have it, in various forms, I reckon.

Funny the loose allegiances that are formed when people are being pressured under the governmental thumb regarding the principals of freedom. I've seen it a few times over the years; the difference contrast is turned down. Commonalities are seen, at least for a while...although the cognitive dissonance, I bet, is almost too much to bear amongst many. Still, the majority don't notice anything, which is a shame, or mix up the use of the tool with the tool itself.

To veer off...In church the other day, with this news in mind, I asked "If we can eat and wear animals, why is so wrong to fuck 'em? Which would you prefer? The resultant discussion mainly revolved around relative scales, infection control and, perhaps understandably given context, judeo-christian morality perspectives...but a truly cogent and non contradictory argument wasn't offered. There was quite an atmosphere at tea and fisting afterwards, so I probably won't bring it up again...

DudeOfLondon

Postby DudeOfLondon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Lol Mother Teresa talks about fcking animals, nice one :D

marzametal

Postby marzametal » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:21 pm

lol... animals...

If a dog takes a crap in the park, the owner has to pick their shit up.

If I take a crap in the park, I get arrested. WTF!

keutude15

Postby keutude15 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Return to “general chat, suggestions, industry news”